« Home | Spartans » | Ways To Resolve An Argument » | Things That Annoy The Wench About Our Neighbours » | Reasons I Think I'm Getting Old » | Ways To Stay Awake At Work » | Things That Make You An Asshole - Commuting Edition » | Comedy Shows Right Now » | Pieces of Excercise Equipment I Own » | Quotes: A Film Quote Quiz » | Reasons to quit smoking » 

Thursday, April 19, 2007 

Top 5 Ways To Pay Your Rent

I've never had that much of a problem paying my rent. I know it's a common complaint amongst students and the like, but I was lucky enough to get help in that department. While I was at university my parents covered my rent for me for the first two years while I was in halls. My third year I was working 'in the industry', and the in the final year I was supposed to have saved enough money to pay it myself. Since then I've been working and it's not really been a problem.

So from my experience, and that of some of my less fortunate friends, here's my Top 5 ways to pay your rent:

1. Don't
2. Perform 'favours' for your landlord
3. Sell your computer
4. Get the Devil to pay it by challenging him to an elaborate Rock Off
5. Direct Debit

That's right, No.1 was 'Don't'. While this may seem like a stupid suggestion you'd be surprised how often this works. A mate of mine got away with nearly 8 months rent simply by not paying. Of course you need a landlord who is either stupid, lazy or threatened enough by you he is afraid to bring it up.

I've also had mates perform 'favours' in exchange for a months rent. Most of these 'favours' were in the form of 'work', where my friend would have to 'service' the landlord's 'equipment' using various 'skills' he had 'picked up' during his time at university. I don't know why I put all those quote marks in there, it was perfectly innocent. He just sorted out computer stuff for her every know and then. Oh yeah, and they were boning.

Labels: , , ,

I KNEW they were boning! You don't put all those words in quotation marks without meaning someone's gettin it on.

I guess my trademark subtlety abandoned me in the end :p

WOW!!

It's Very Interesting....
Amsterdam Apartments

I've never had that much of a problem paying my rent. I know it's a common complaint amongst students and the like,Amsterdam apartments

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ugly Toy
  • From York, N Yorkshire, United Kingdom
  • I'm not that interesting, I just write here
My profile | Email me

 Subscribe to this blog

 
Powered by FeedBurner


Urban Word of the Day

Blogs I Read

Add to Technorati Favorites Hot or Not

Humor blogs Top Blogs

Humor Blogs Humor Blogs

Humor Blogs - Blog Top Sites Top Humor blogs

British Blog Directory. 

 

Humor-Blogs.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

eXTReMe Tracker