« Home | Pieces of Excercise Equipment I Own » | Quotes: A Film Quote Quiz » | Reasons to quit smoking » | Soppiest Teen Drama » | Reasons not to have a Mobile Phone » | Names for Breasts » | Song Covers I Love » | Tips on making a Mix Tape » | Song Covers I Despise » | Actors I avoid » 

Friday, March 16, 2007 

Top 5 Comedy Shows Right Now

The Wench is currently on a bit of a comedy bender. Pretty much everything we watch has to be funny. I can see where she's coming from, our year has started badly so far and getting a bit of a laugh is what we need. Laughter is pretty therapeutic, and it's nice to have a chuckle every now and then. It has limited our viewing options quite a bit though, and my stack of DVDs to watch has steadily grown as we're never in the mood.

Here's our current top 5 shows we watch to lighten our moods of an evening:

1. Futurama
2. Family Guy
3. Robot Chicken
4. American Dad
5. Drawn Together

Nothing quite cheers me up like a bit of inappropriate humour, which American Dad, Robot Chicken and Drawn Together can all deliver in spades. I love it when nothing is sacred and absolutely anything can be used for a joke, because it's not like anyone can complain if they're picking on everyone. Blacks, whites, gays, jocks, fatties, twiglets, no matter your race, class, sexuality, handicap or lifestyle your likely to be a target at some point.

Sometimes it can get a bit uncomfortable for me and the Wench, as you inevitably create little in-jokes amongst yourselves which people don't get if they haven't seen the show. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but if the joke is a little inappropriate, you get strange looks. Hopefully, like in our case, after you explain yourself your friends are forgiving enough to overlook a comment about horribly penising someone.

Labels: , , , , , ,

For inappropriate humor, you can't leave out Family Guy!!

I just miss [my] Tivo. I used to get these shows recorded... but now that I've moved in with my girlfriend I need to save up and get my own Tivo. Its like I can't watch any of the shows I want to any more.

I really dislike Drawn Together. By far the unfunniest cartoon on TV.

A few of my friends have the same opinion. I've watched the first and second series and some of it's just so wrong I laugh because I can't believe it. I really can see why some people dislike it, but it just appeals to me for some reason. I thought you would've liked it ACW.

I wish we could get Tivo in the UK...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ugly Toy
  • From York, N Yorkshire, United Kingdom
  • I'm not that interesting, I just write here
My profile | Email me

 Subscribe to this blog

 
Powered by FeedBurner


Urban Word of the Day

Blogs I Read

Add to Technorati Favorites Hot or Not

Humor blogs Top Blogs

Humor Blogs Humor Blogs

Humor Blogs - Blog Top Sites Top Humor blogs

British Blog Directory. 

 

Humor-Blogs.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

eXTReMe Tracker