« Home | Cross Bred Animals » | RPG Weapon Names » | Zombie Related Media I've Seen » | Nationalities I've Been Mistaken For » | Reasons Why I Hate Big Brother » | Reasons The Wench Is Awesome » | Reasons I Haven't Been Posting » | Reasons I'm Glad To Be Home » | Bands At The Download Festival 2007 » | Stupid Long Words » 

Friday, October 12, 2007 

Top 5 Films I'm Ashamed To Admit I Like

OK, just to disappoint you I'll clarify that maybe 'ashamed' is too strong a word. I'll admit that I like these films if they come up in conversation. Most of the time I'm met with disbelief, although there was that time I ended up with 6 stitches. To be fair I did call her Mum a whore and curse her family, I wonder how that's working out. I consider these films underrated classics, so I don't mind sticking up for them, especially if the reason the conversation came up is to diss John Woo. No one disses The Woo! Anyway, here's my five films:

1. Transformers The Movie (1986) - 42%
2. Army of Darkness - 78%
3. Hard Target - 32%
4. Hulk - 61%
5. What Dreams May Come - 56%
*Scores courtesy of Rotten Tomatoes*

OK, I am kind of ashamed of liking What Dreams May Come, I think I could officially have my balls revoked for admitting it. It's a good film though! It looks awesome and the dude goes to hell to get his wife back. You've got to admit that is impressive. Plus The Wench loves it so I score points for watching it with her.

Hulk is underrated and got a slating for no good reason. So what if the hulk didn't smash enough, that probably would've been even more boring. OK, so it was fairly boring. But it was the kind of comic book film that should be made, not just action, it actually has a story as well. On the other hand Hard Target is probably Van Damme's best film, except maybe Universal Soldier, that was awesome.

I have no excuse for Transformers. Except this.

Labels: , , ,

Really? Hard Target more than Bloodsport or Lionheart?

I just preferred the film. I'm not really sure what it is about it I like, maybe it's just a more interesting story. Bloodsport was cool though, probably better than universal soldier, Lionheart not so much. Plus Van Damme didn't do many other films like Hard Target, but he's pretty much repeated Bloodsport and Lionheart since.

I am glad to see that you weighted Army of Darkness the most. I think that is one of my all time favorites as well. I just watched "Bubba Ho-tep" and if your a fan of Bruce Campbel, I would highly recommend it if you haven't already seen it. Anyway, I dig the blog!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ugly Toy
  • From York, N Yorkshire, United Kingdom
  • I'm not that interesting, I just write here
My profile | Email me

 Subscribe to this blog

 
Powered by FeedBurner


Urban Word of the Day

Blogs I Read

Add to Technorati Favorites Hot or Not

Humor blogs Top Blogs

Humor Blogs Humor Blogs

Humor Blogs - Blog Top Sites Top Humor blogs

British Blog Directory. 

 

Humor-Blogs.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

eXTReMe Tracker