« Home | Songs from Guitar Hero » | Things that make you a Chav » | Names for Cars » | RPG Cliches - Gameplay » | RPG Cliches - The Story » | Lightbulb Jokes » | Things to say to a Naked Woman (Pt 3) » | Things to say to a Naked Woman (Pt 2) » | Things to say to a Naked Woman (Pt 1) » | Pirate Phrases » 

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 

Top 5 Dating Myths

After reading many many magazines, viewing many TV programs and films, and reading many many blogs, I've decided it should be my duty to tell people the truth about dating in general. There are all kinds of comments and generalisations thrown around, and to be quite honest I've got points of view from both sides. I can see why some women hate men, and some men hate women, but it's the generalisations that I have issues with.

To get us started heres a list of the Top 5 most problematic myths about modern dating:

1. All guys are assholes/idiots/stupid/selfish/insensitive
2. All women are bitches/sluts/selfish/stupid/mental
3. That ANYONE knows what they want
4. There is someone out there who is perfect for you
5. Your first time will be magical

One and two are generalisations. Generalisations are not good things, sometimes they are, like 'Any sex is good sex', or 'You could never look ugly' to your girlfriend, but most of the time generalising is bad, and I hate it. Especially when it applies to men. After all, I'm a man and I don't like being talked about like that, when I've done nothing wrong. I assume the same is true about women from the reactions I've seen when such comments are made in their direction. After all they always bitch and moan about guys treating them badly, to their nice guy friends, who got turned down by them, because they're 'friends' now. Men get kicked as often as women, they're just not as vocal about it.

Three is true for so many reasons. Women don't know what they want, everyone knows this. Hence the well known quote "A woman will spend years searching for the perfect man, then the rest of her life trying to change him". But the same is true of men. This leads us to point number four. No one has a perfect match, the fact that no one knows what they're really after doesn't help matters. This is where a magical word comes from: 'Compromise'. You will never get on with a partner all the time, everyone is annoying is some way, no matter how small. Get over yourself, deal with it. No matter how charming Prince Charming, he's going to have some flaws. No one is perfect.

The final point is mainly aimed at younger people. Those who haven't had sex yet. Here's some advice. Your first time will be memorable, it will not be magical. What kind of memories they are, are up to you. You can hold out for Mr or Mrs Right all you want to, but your building yourself up for a fall. I think I have met two women in my entire life who have actually enjoyed their first time, it is an extremely rare occurence. I feel this is mostly to do with children not being told the truth. It will probably hurt (for girls), it will probably not be with someone who is experienced either, it will not be good sex, it probably won't last very long, it will be clumsy, it will be uncomfortable and you probably will not orgasm if your a girl. Don't wait for the 'Perfect' time, wait for a decent time, don't wait for a 'Perfect' partner, wait for decent one. At least if you make it nice, you won't regret it, and you won't be emotionally scarred for life like so many girls.

My first time was nice, it wasn't great, I wasn't expecting it to be, so I wasn't let down. It was in a nice place, with a nice girl, who also didn't regret it later. We got better later on as well. More than anything, it was nice to get the first time out of the way, so I could concentrate on getting better.

About me

  • I'm Ugly Toy
  • From York, N Yorkshire, United Kingdom
  • I'm not that interesting, I just write here
My profile | Email me

 Subscribe to this blog

 
Powered by FeedBurner


Urban Word of the Day

Blogs I Read

Add to Technorati Favorites Hot or Not

Humor blogs Top Blogs

Humor Blogs Humor Blogs

Humor Blogs - Blog Top Sites Top Humor blogs

British Blog Directory. 

 

Humor-Blogs.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

eXTReMe Tracker