« Home | Extra Bills I've had to pay recently » | Reasons I don't like living in York » | Ideas for the Wench's Birthday » | Reasons I hate the wind » | Reasons I like living in York » | Reasons the Wench is growing Horns » | Most Inappropriate Sex Aids » | New Year's Resolutions » | Secret Santa Gifts » | Blended Objects » 

Monday, January 29, 2007 

Top 5 Questions scientists can't answer

It's always interesting to find out exactly what we DON'T know. We're always being told things on TV and the Discovery Channel about things we've discovered, but not many people are brave enough to be vocal on everything we don't know about. Scientists give the impression they know everything, with their giant glasses, shiny white coats and bad hair, looking down on regular people with an air of disdain and smug arrogance.

So it's good to find out what we can throw back in their faces as examples of their stupidity. Here's my Top 5 things you can embarrass a smart ass with:

1. How does a fertilized egg become a human?
2. Why do we sleep?
3. Where did life come from?
4. How does the brain produce consciousness?
5. What is the universe made of?

These points are courtesy of Wired, who have a list of quite a few things we don't really know about. It seems bizarre to me that we're apparently so advanced, and yet we don't know how our brains work, or what makes up 96% of space, or even how life turned up in the first place.

It's at times like this that I actually start believing in a higher power, how else did we all get here? I can see the religious angle starting to become appealing. After all I'm a naturally lazy person, why would I consider working to find this stuff out when I can just say 'God did it'? Then I slap myself and remember that the scientists will get round to this once they've finished the important stuff, like making hoverboards, instant food cubes and life-like sex-bots.

Labels: , ,

I'm going to go with "pudding" for about all of those. :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ugly Toy
  • From York, N Yorkshire, United Kingdom
  • I'm not that interesting, I just write here
My profile | Email me

 Subscribe to this blog

 
Powered by FeedBurner


Urban Word of the Day

Blogs I Read

Add to Technorati Favorites Hot or Not

Humor blogs Top Blogs

Humor Blogs Humor Blogs

Humor Blogs - Blog Top Sites Top Humor blogs

British Blog Directory. 

 

Humor-Blogs.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

eXTReMe Tracker