« Home | Reasons the Wench is growing Horns » | Most Inappropriate Sex Aids » | New Year's Resolutions » | Secret Santa Gifts » | Blended Objects » | Things I hate about the new trains » | Mistakes Women Make During Sex » | Ways to act like a Ninja » | Names for my Other Half » | Things I'm doing tonight » 

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 

Top 5 Reasons I like living in York

When I was younger we moved around a lot. My Dad was in the military so we moved every 2 years. I've lived in a few different places in England, a few in Germany and even in Cyprus. I really liked moving around a lot, it never got boring, as I always got to see the best bits of wherever we went. As I went to boarding school as well it really made the holidays feel like holidays, as I was always somewhere new.

However as I got older I used to get bored not being at school. While I had school friends, I had few friends at home and hoped we could stay somewhere long enough for me to make some. My Dad's final posting was to York, and he liked the area so much we stayed here. Here's 5 reasons why I like York:

1. I'm not a city person, York is a city, but it's small
2. It's the longest I've ever lived anywhere
3. There's lots of history
4. My family is here
5. I have some very good friends here

As I've been in York for around 10 years now I've gotten to know it better than anywhere I've lived. I have some great friends and I see my family more. I love the history of York, after all it's the city New York wants to be when it grows up. Finally I've stayed somewhere longer than 2 years and it's nice to be able to say I'm from somewhere, whereas before I was just 'from all over' or, as I liked to say, I was omnipresent.

Labels: , , ,

My dad was in the military too. We moved 14 times before I was in the fourth grade.

How old is the fourth grade? 14 seems a bit excessive! I think I moved about 7-8 times before I was 15. Spent about 6 years in Germany, 2 in Cyprus, the rest in the UK.

Sorry, I forget. Stupid American. :)

I was 9 in fourth grade. A lot of it was because he did three tours in Viet Nam and we always moved "home" while he was away.

This place wasn't "home" for me until he died and we came back here for good. I haven't moved much since.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ugly Toy
  • From York, N Yorkshire, United Kingdom
  • I'm not that interesting, I just write here
My profile | Email me

 Subscribe to this blog

 
Powered by FeedBurner


Urban Word of the Day

Blogs I Read

Add to Technorati Favorites Hot or Not

Humor blogs Top Blogs

Humor Blogs Humor Blogs

Humor Blogs - Blog Top Sites Top Humor blogs

British Blog Directory. 

 

Humor-Blogs.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

eXTReMe Tracker