« Home | Talking Ducks » | Funniest O-Faces » | Dating Myths » | Songs from Guitar Hero » | Things that make you a Chav » | Names for Cars » | RPG Cliches - Gameplay » | RPG Cliches - The Story » | Lightbulb Jokes » | Things to say to a Naked Woman (Pt 3) » 

Thursday, April 20, 2006 

Top 5 Ways to not get work done

I've found myself quite unmotivated at work. It's something I'm forcing myself out of and my work rate is steadily increasing, but I should be doing more. I used to have the same problem at uni and I narrowed the cause down mainly to being lazy... I mean lazy and connected to the internet.

The internet is a giant distraction. It's filled with people just trying to waste time, be it yours or theirs. I quickly discovered the main ways to avoid doing any work:

1. Check your emails
2. Frequent Forums
3. Read Blogs
4. Own a blog
5. Be unemployed

All of these are enough to fill your day with nothing. Just develop a routine, and you can be stuck in a loop, check emails, check forums, check blogs, post to blog, rinse, repeat. That alone is enough to fill your day if you have enough forums or blogs. Like I said I've been trying to cut down, especially as my work is suffering. But the final reason, being unemployed, means you have no work to do! It's amazing! I was unemployed for a while, it meant I got to play games all day and sit around at home, getting lots of rest and entertainment. If I'm not careful I may end up back there!

Start searching for podcasts too. That can fill several hours.

Dammit, I don't need to waste more time! I need 30 hour days!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ugly Toy
  • From York, N Yorkshire, United Kingdom
  • I'm not that interesting, I just write here
My profile | Email me

 Subscribe to this blog

 
Powered by FeedBurner


Urban Word of the Day

Blogs I Read

Add to Technorati Favorites Hot or Not

Humor blogs Top Blogs

Humor Blogs Humor Blogs

Humor Blogs - Blog Top Sites Top Humor blogs

British Blog Directory. 

 

Humor-Blogs.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

eXTReMe Tracker