« Home | Things I will never understand about women » | Things I would tell my 12 year old self » | Most Unconvincing Sex Acts » | Slang Phrases » | Worst Times to Fart » | Types of Mullet » | Worst Hairstyles » | Most embarrassing things I've said » | Things I'm thinking about right now » | Ways to dry your hands » 

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 

Top 5 Ways I've seen nature be cruel this weekend

I love watching nature programs. It's a sad fact that tells me that I'm getting older, but the BBCs excellent documentaries are amazing. It makes the discovery channel look like an unprofessional rabble still in film school trying to impress their girlfriends. The BBC is the nuts as far as nature programs goes. Were you impressed with March of the Penguins? So was I. I was even more impressed when the BBC cut the sentimental stuff and provided the same documentary in about 20mins, along with the other creatures in Antarctica and the North Pole.

The series the BBC is currently showing is called 'Planet Earth' it showed last weeks episode on 'Ice Worlds' then this weeks episode on 'Great Plains'. It's quite possibly the most graphic and gruesome series I've seen in a while, maybe a little too real. Here's my top 5 things I saw in the 2 episodes that made me realise how cruel nature can be:

1. 'March of the Penguins' the abriged version.
2. A polar bear starving to death after swimming solidly for 5 days and having food right next to him.
3. A caribou calf being hunted and killed by a wolf.
4. Lions bringing down an adult elephant.
5. A fox feeding it's cute cubs cute chicks.

Possibly the harshest example was my final point. These geese lay their eggs on a huge grassy plain, of course foxes turn up and try and get eggs and chicks. One time a really cute looking arctic fox turned up and managed to get near the chicks, killing all of them but one. At this point the mother returns and chases off the fox, who drops all his prey in the fight, but manages to grab one back before legging it. Of course it manages to grab the only live chick left. The mother goose is now inconsolable having lost all her babies. What a bitch you think, as the fox runs off. Then you see her feeding the chick to her four incredibly cute pups. It seems harsh, but otherwise her pups will die. All this cuteness killed, so that other cute things can live. It was then I realised the true lesson, you are what you eat.

About me

  • I'm Ugly Toy
  • From York, N Yorkshire, United Kingdom
  • I'm not that interesting, I just write here
My profile | Email me

 Subscribe to this blog

 
Powered by FeedBurner


Urban Word of the Day

Blogs I Read

Add to Technorati Favorites Hot or Not

Humor blogs Top Blogs

Humor Blogs Humor Blogs

Humor Blogs - Blog Top Sites Top Humor blogs

British Blog Directory. 

 

Humor-Blogs.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

eXTReMe Tracker